TV Genius was founded in 2005 by CEO Tom Weiss. Launched in beta with a consumer- facing proposition around TV search, the business also developed and managed web-based TV guides and recommendations services for media companies. Like any start-up, the key challenge for TV Genius was gaining traction and generating revenues.
What we did
Maine Associates was initially engaged to deliver lead generation services, opening doors with a select list of key ISP’s for TV Genius. Following this initial activity, TV Genius secured a marquee account win with AOL Europe, transforming revenues and exceeding the company’s first year projections.
Between 2007 and 2010, Maine Associates was re-engaged to support strategic business development projects including:
- Further outreach and lead generation into the UK market, resulting in another significant win with a tier-one media company.
- Business development workshops to refine strategy as new products were developed.
- Identifying strategic partners within Western Europe and engaging to secure distribution agreements in Germany and Nordic regions.
- Supporting the board in recruiting an in-house sales resource.
- Delivering a European and US lead generation programme and supporting European trade shows to help drive market expansion.
In total Maine Associates was directly responsible for delivering over £500,000 in sales for TV Genius as well as building the foundations for future business value. Following a track record of strong revenue growth and product innovation, TV Genius was successfully acquired by Red Bee Media in 2011.
Maine Associates are the best I have ever come across. They have opened doors for us with strategic prospects and partners and in 90% of cases have got us in to exactly the right person first time. Sign them up before your competition do!